Copyright © < ?php $the_year = date("Y"); echo $the_year; ? > < ?php bloginfo('url'); ? > All Rights Reserved.
A lot has been going on here at Headwind since our last posting.
Here is a brief breakdown of the progress to date:
We sourced an offshore generator to pair with our turbine, accelerating the ability to get into the market as soon as possible.
We've tested the latest generator, and create a torque measurement device to help determine how the blade and generator functioned under various load conditions.
We have been talking to suppliers and testing new materials with diverse molding properties. In order to test these, we had to create new sets of silicone mold liners to handle the heat generated by the new material.
We took the opportunity to modify our outer mold jackets in order to speed up the molding, de-molding, and roto-mold process.
We researched a lot of large format 3D printers and finally found one that met all of our requirements. We are currently undergoing the refining process for best results. This printer will allow us to have rapid prototyping for full scale turbine blades; Once established we will be exploring materials such as: Hemp, ASA, or Carbon Fiber.
We created a 3D scanner and are planning to scan and 3D print existing components in-house to make the transition to injection molding as cost effective as possible.
We have approached developers in injection molding for future mass production once further methodology has been formed.
Thanks for all your support!
Headwind Technologies Team